Monday, June 30, 2008

Wii's Homecoming

Phillip brought home my Wii on Saturday --- the one that he got me (but I paid for) several weeks ago in Nashville. We've had so much fun already. I'm sore from playing tennis and baseball, though not as sore as I would be trying to play the real thing. My favorite (so far) is doubles tennis (actually, I don't think you can play singles) with Phillip and me on the same team. We're getting better and better. I hit the pulls hanging down from the ceiling fan, and Phillip admits to hitting the actual fan once when I was at work today. Besides that, he's pretty good at dodging my wildly flailing attempts at swinging a bat/tennis racquet/golf club. We're both better pitching at baseball than hitting. Makes sense... I was the pitcher on my softball team for the majority of the 20+ years that I played.

I bought another game today that he had seen, but it's not all that great. So we're open for suggestions of favorites... ones that someone has actually played and knows to be good. I don't want to make a bunch of $20 or more mistakes.... Although I am saving enough at CVS so that it's not too painful.

8 comments:

Molly said...

Well, we have several fun games, but they are not the $20 variety. We have Mario and Sonic at the Olympics (good if you want to work out!), Mario Kart, Guitar Hero, and Rayman's Raving Rabbids. All very fun games. Let us know if you get some must haves too!

Joan said...

I know that Guitar Hero requires a "guitar" (imagine that!) but do you have to have extra equipment to play any of the others? What is the last one on your list? The title is intriguing.

EmilyV said...

Mario Kart has a steering wheel that goes with it. The only game I remember on the Rabbids one is where all the rabbits are lined up singing, and you have to find which one is off key and bop him on the head. Dave likes it.

Molly said...

Both Guitar Hero and Mario Kart come with the necessary equipment (hence the steep price tag). Rayman's is pretty fun. You do a lot of bopping of (scary) bunnies. You could always get it (and others) from Blockbuster to try them out so you can see if you like them.

Joan said...

Thanks. I didn't think about being able to rent them.

Anonymous said...

Bring it to the beach!!! (Please???)

Dave said...

I'm pretty sure you would like Rayman's Raving Rabbids. I personally like Mario Kart, but I don't think you would like it.

Joan said...

Pam, I think I already told Kristina that I'd bring it to the beach. It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be, too.