Monday, June 16, 2008

Critters Past and Present

After last night's really bad pun, I need to redeem myself today. I doubt that it's possible though, because it was a pretty average, uneventful workday. We've had bizarre stuff happen at work before, like the time a domestic dispute (unrelated to anyone in the building) unfolded in our parking lot (complete with police!) but nothing like that happened today to give me blog material. I could update previous blogs, for example, the orange flowers I reported on haven't gotten bigger or better. In fact, they're almost dead.... the inevitability of just about anything I plant. I mentioned my cat in an early post. Since I've had cats all my life, I'm going to see how many of their names I can remember. I'll start with the one I have now:
  • Blinky
  • Daisy
  • Taffy
  • Noel
  • Holly
  • Joansey (I didn't name this one)
  • Aphrodite (Afro, for short)
  • Chigger
  • Mama Bear
  • Umbweegi (don't ask)
  • Tar Baby (I don't really remember one with this name, but it's what my mom named all black cats, I think)
  • Purrcy
That's it. Any help out there?

4 comments:

Liz said...

lol The eventful stuff happened in BV's office after you left..........this festival of his is to be a quarter million event in 4 months. Think I can do it?? :)

Liz

Anonymous said...

Hhmmm... I thought I didn't remember any before Chigger, but Umbweegi caused a neuron or two to fire. Seems like I remember his name more as Dumbweegi?

Joan said...

His name started as Umbweegi, and morphed into Dumbweegi. Very good! You haven't killed as many brain cells with Diet Coke as I have.

Joan said...

Liz: I'm sure glad I left when I did! BV needs a reality check.