Sunday, June 1, 2008

Whee! A Wii!

GOODY: I'm a little early, and this post is a little late, but I bought myself a birthday present on Friday. After hearing about how much fun they are, I kept saying that I wanted a Wii. But I didn't want one badly enough to stand in line for hours or pay a small fortune on Ebay. While he goes to school in Nashville, Phillip is working unloading trucks at Target. He called me on Friday morning and asked if I was serious about wanting a Wii, because two had just come in on the truck. I said, "Yes," and so he got me one.... On my VISA card, which is why I say that I bought myself one. I'm looking forward to bowling and playing baseball and tennis. I haven't gone bowling in years because the heavy ball tends to aggravate my tennis elbow that I didn't get from playing tennis. Anyway, that's another story.

We'll be going to the beach in a few weeks. Just so that I'd have a picture to post, I thought I'd throw in this picture of a motorcycle with trailer that we saw while driving to the beach a year or two ago. Apparently the driver was accustomed to attracting attention, because when he spotted me trying to make the picture, he slowed down and kept pace with our car long enough for me to get a good shot.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Aunt Joan, you rock. I'm so jealous that you have a Wii! (You can pass this message along to my mom, I have a birthday coming up!)

Joan said...

LOL. I'll pass it on, but I don't think she's willing to pay $1,000 on Ebay, either!

Molly said...

You will love it! It is so much fun!!

Phillip said...

I guess working at Target has its advantages. Now do I play with it before I let my Mommy play with it? its tempting to goto friends apt. and play with it. definitely not opening it on campus.

Liz said...

HA! That's funny. That should be fun!