Friday, June 20, 2008

Adulterating the Chocolate

We have a chocolate stash at my office. We make ourselves pay 10 cents per piece so that we don't eat a whole bag at once, and so that we always have enough money to go buy more. Dove is our favorite: dark, milk, almond, and my favorite, caramel. The inside foil of each piece has a sentence printed on it. Some of them read, You look good in red, You're allowed to do nothing (we have to ignore this one at work), and Smile at yourself in the mirror. (Yes, I've eaten enough of these to have memorized the sayings.) I really got my boss, the vice president, one time with one of the wrappers. He was passing by my office when I called out to him and asked (with a straight face) if he'd handle "this" for me. He said, "Sure," and came in my office. So, I tossed my Dove wrapper in front of him: Have your feet massaged. He sort of growled at me and left my office shaking his head and laughing. I love pulling one over on him!
Here's another wrapper that I like to get:

Now, I wouldn't dream of adulterating any chocolate, especially Dove, but I got this wrapper one time, added a phrase, as shown, and left it on someone else's desk. In all honesty, I believe I've done this more than once!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'll never forget Eric skulking down the hall, peering around the corner and then ducking back and then peering in my office again..... I was quite perplexed until the wrapper "Be Mysterious" appeared....

Joan said...

LOL. I must have missed that one.