Wednesday, June 25, 2008

On the Road Again

I haven't left yet, but I just looked at July's calendar, and I will be gone at least 12 and maybe 14 days of the month! It may be necessary in the next week or two to make a quick overnight trip to Nashville to bring home some of Phillip's stuff that that he won't need and that he won't have space for at his new place. I will be representing American Vision, Creation Book Publishers, and Tolle Lege Press (to a lesser degree) at the International Christian Retailers' Show in Orlando July 12-17. I'm excited to have the opportunity, on July 13, to worship at Saint Andrews Chapel near Orlando where Dr. R. C. Sproul is pastor. I've read several of his books and seen numerous video lectures over the years, but this will be my first in-person opportunity. Last, but not least, vacation in the Charleston area is scheduled for July 26 - August 2 (coincidentally, my 33rd wedding anniversary). August plans: STAY HOME!

5 comments:

EmilyV said...

Umm, I think you heard RC Sproul in person once before since he spoke at my graduation from Covenant.

Liz said...

Not only will you get to attend his church, you will be in the same 10x20 square feet of space while he signs books! :) Maybe he'll sign your shirt or something. Speaking of which - it seems rather funny and a long time ago but there was a time I would have begged Gary for an autograph. :-D

Joan said...

Emily: For some reason the videos stick in my head better than the graduation!
Liz: Maybe you need to fill me in on a few more details of this event. For some reason, I didn't think that it would be a shirt-signing sort of thing!

Molly said...

I was going to say that too, Emily! Though I barely remember him at our graduation either! Sounds like you have quite the busy month. I think laying low in August sounds like a good plan.

Joan said...

Low? I'll be laying dead in August!