Monday, June 2, 2008

Bittersweet

We just came from the funeral home where we visited with the Beckman family upon Guy Sr.'s passing. It was exactly as it should be with believers: The family was expressing sadness, yet rejoicing over his home-going and his release from the frailties of the flesh. It was good to see many family members that we hadn't seen since Kyle's wedding and good to see a number of our friends from our former church. I chided Melissa for getting a hotel room when she could have stayed with me for free, and it would have been closer to boot.

GOODY: I finally got a telephone call from my doctor (see Saturday's Gripe). Faxing a letter helped. Not only was he apologetic about the brick wall I kept hitting, he also gave me his cell phone number. How's that for results?! Ask my family. I'm good at writing letters geared toward addressing a complaint AND, more importantly, getting the desired resolution-- hopefully without causing offense in the process. And I didn't even have to get my congressman involved.


No comments: