Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Woman in Black

I wore black to work today. It turned out to be a wise choice. I was attempting to help my assistant unjam a non-existent paper jam in her printer. The machine thought it had a jam, but we couldn't find even the smallest speck of errant paper. In our search and destroy mission, I had pulled out the toner cartridge and was holding it at different angles while searching for potential hiding places. She started turning the gears on the cartridge, and proceeded to dump out about a cup of toner, which fell all over her desk, after sifting through my hands. There was nothing to do but laugh convulsively, then go get the vacuum cleaner, paper towels, feather duster, and canned air. Even after washing my hands numerous times today, I've still got the mechanic's look... black all around and under my fingernails. I'm hoping it comes off at least by Sunday. I'm not in the handbell choir, and I'm not sure that I could pull off the 1950's white glove look. Maybe if I got a bouffant hairdo....

1 comment:

Liz said...

I was quite sad to miss that view though I didn't miss the howls of laughter. :)