Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Lights Out --- Someone's Home

The power just back came on a little while ago after being out for three hours. I'm thankful, because it had already gotten too hot in the house to sleep comfortably.

I didn't post yesterday because I was just too pooped. After a couple of not-very-restful nights, I went to the bedroom at 7:30 last night to read with one eye and watch the Braves with the other. It's good to be able to multi-task! I made it 'til 8:30 when I got up and actually got ready to go to bed. I was asleep by 8:45, and slept pretty well until 6 a.m.

GOODIES
:
The deal I got tonight at the mall is not quite as good as some of the CVS deals, but I did pretty well, I think. T
his was the last day of the big semi-annual sale at Bath & Body Works, so I wanted to see what I could stock up on. I don't think I've ever paid full price for anything there, but this time, I paid next to nothing. In a couple of the 75% off "discontinued" bins, If found my favorite scent, Peony. (Isn't that the way it always is?) So, I got 8 tubes of "body cream" (a lotion that's thicker than, and to me, not as sticky as, hand lotion), 3 tubes of creamy body wash, 10 bars of glycerin soap, and one "Wall Flowers" (plug-in air freshener) refill... all for $32.71, an average price of $1.49 per item. If I had paid full price for everything, it would have been $133.50. I happily saved 75%!

GRIPE:
We're looking to hire an additional Customer Service Representative for my company. There are only three ways people can find out about the job: From the post at ChristianJobs.com, by stumbling upon it on our website, or by referral from a current employee. I'm the one reviewing the applications/ resumes and setting up and conducting the initial interviews. I had three interviews set up yesterday: 9 a.m., 11 a.m., and 1:30 p.m. I spoke with each one personally to make the appointments, and I let them suggest a convenient time. Neither of the first two interviewees showed up, nor did they call to tell me they weren't coming. Admittedly, I am mystified. Anyone want to help me comprehend the incomprehensible?


No comments: