Thursday, June 26, 2008

TGIT

Although it's Thursday for most, it's my Friday. I work at least 36 hours Monday - Thursday (often more), and then I don't usually have to go into the office on Fridays. I at least check emails and voice mails from home, and I am "on call" for any questions or problems that may arise. But I can do all that in my PJs.

Update on Phillip's housing arrangements: He's in hog heaven. He'll pay a one-time fee of $4.99 for high-speed wireless Internet access for the entire time he lives at the extended-stay place. There's a full kitchen, and weekly they will vacuum, dust, empty the trash, clean the bathroom, change the bed linens, and give him fresh towels. (He would have to pay $5-$10 for any or all of those services that he wants more often than weekly. Right. Like that's gonna happen!)

Emily and Dave are in hog heaven too, with the new cable Internet connection at their house. They needed James' help in making it all work, so I was in hog heaven with the invitation to dinner (and playing with the kids) that she used to bribe her dad to come be her tech support.

I'm looking forward to Saturday, when a friend and I will have lunch in downtown Smyrna and attend the first ever "Braves Game on the Green." The city and several co-sponsors will be showing the 1 p.m. away game with Toronto on two giant outdoor screens, along with other activities and appearances by different Braves' personalities. I hope the rain holds off and it's at least under 90 degrees. Once a few years ago, she and I went to an afternoon Braves game and our seat were in full sun. It was brutal. We had taken a small cooler with a couple of the blue ice packs inside, and when we finished the drinks from the cooler, we sat on the ice packs. As I recall, the rest of us was broiling, but we had nice, cool tushies.

5 comments:

EmilyV said...

Yes, we are happily enjoying our fast internet. Dave isn't even fussing at me for loading 2 windows at once.

I'm glad Phillip gets a new room. Looks like it will be much nicer for him.

Dave said...

Hooray for fast internet - it didn't take ten minutes to load your blog!

Let's go Blue Jays! Let's do a repeat of 1992...

Phillip said...

I will be eating a bit better food too. Will be raiding mom's and sister's recipe books so I can make alot of stuff.

Liz said...

So basically everyone is in hog heaven, which is a very good place to be. :)

Joan said...

It seems we're a family of pigs...