Friday, June 13, 2008

It Doesn't Compute

I think my user profile shows my job as "Office Manager." That's true, but it could be Office Manager/Bookkeeper. I've been a bookkeeper for years, decades even. I've been a bookkeeper for so long, that I originally began with ledger sheets and a plain, yellow pencil. It wasn't even a mechanical pencil. Math was always one of my best subjects. Until today. I went to CVS and I think I did OK on the deals, but I haven't figured out a way to insert a spreadsheet into a blog, so you'll have to take my word for it. I came home with two bottles of mouthwash, two boxes of bandages, one Father's Day card, and one box of a particularly effective tummy remedy. (In the photo, the name of said remedy has been hidden to protect the innocent.) I originally bought some toothbrushes too, but when I got out to the car and realized that I didn't get Extra Bucks for them like I thought I would, I went back in and found that I'd bought the wrong kind, and they were out of the right kind. So, I returned them and got my money back. The thing is, I had needed those toothbrushes to get the total over $25 so I could use a $5 off coupon. But they didn't keep $5 of the refund. I spent $2.62 out-of-pocket for six items, used up $9.98 in EB, but got back $13.96 in EB.

I got tired of always losing the playing card-sized
calculator I kept at my desk, so I finally got this pink one, which I use to figure my CVS deals, among other things. The AA battery was put there for perspective. This calculator is a whopping 12" tall, and is bright enough to use as a signal for landing aircraft. Alas, there's no room on my desk for even a paper airplane to land.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

To insert a spread sheet..

Open excel or whatever the data is in..your computer should have a print screen button on the keyboard (prtscn or some form of that). Hit the print screen button and then open paint (to be simple) and go to edit>paste. Crop and resize as needed, save, and upload to your blog like you would with any other picture, yay!

Joan said...

Wow. I'm impressed.