Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Unthinkable Happened

James has never had any desire to go on a cruise. I think it has something to do with the one deep-sea fishing trip he went on when he was tossing his cookies over the railing the entire time. Anyway, he called me one day and said, "Find us a cruise." My first thought was, "Who are you and what have you done with my husband?" But I asked, "How come?" James replied, "I want to go somewhere where my cell phone won't work." (Apparently a bad day at the office.) It took me about a nano-second to start finding us a cruise and no more than a couple of days to have one confirmed. We'll be setting sail in October from Fort Lauderdale to the Bahamas on Holland America Cruise Lines. Since I figured this was a one-time shot, I wanted to do it right. Here's the criteria I used:
* 3-4 nights
* Not a 20-something party ship
* Not going to Mexico
* Departure port as close to Georgia as possible
The ship we'll be on is called the Eurodam, and its maiden voyage was in July of this year. I like the fact that it's new... less time for any nasty viruses to be incubating. Airfare was really cheap, so we're flying to and from Fort Lauderdale. Now if October would just hurry up and get here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...maybe he should talk to my husband.

Dave said...

You're taking Caleb and Alexa with you, right?