Thursday, August 7, 2008

Flashback to Cool

To say that it's been hot here this week would be a gross understatement. Mid- to upper 90s is too hot for man and beast (or woman and cat), and having grown up in this climate does not mean that I'm acclimated. After all, I go from my air-conditioned house to my air-conditioned car, to my air-conditioned office, to my air-conditioned car, lather, rinse, repeat. So, I thought I'd find a cool picture to post. I made the picture above from my hotel window in Toronto when I was there on business in January for a conference similar to the one I attended last month in Orlando. Why they don't do the July one in Toronto and the January one in Orlando is beyond me.

Here's another picture of some unidentifiable thing that we kept seeing on the side of the street in Toronto. Care to guess what it is? (No fair enlarging the picture to read what's on it, and no guessing if you've ever been within 200 miles of Toronto. You know who.) I'll wait a day or two before I post the follow-up picture that clearly shows that this thing has a purpose.

2 comments:

Molly said...

That picture just makes me hotter. And wish that I lived in Canada. I'm going to guess that thing is a hitching post. Don't all Canadians ride horses since no one knows about cars there yet?

Halyna said...

close. we prefer dog sleds in the winter though when we don't have snow tires on our bikes. ;)