Friday, August 15, 2008

Easy Come, Hopefully Easy Go

A week ago, at the bottom of the post, I mentioned in a Goody comment that I had won a pretty significant prize by calling a radio station at the right time with a right answer to their question. I think $1,300 is pretty significant... not in cash, but in two 2008 Atlanta Falcons season tickets. Today I went to the radio station to claim the tickets. (And sign the tax documents.) I thought the tickets might be way up in the nosebleed section with a total value of $500, but these are in the second level. A surprise bonus was two tickets for each of the final two pre-season games. I gave the ones for tomorrow night's game away because we already had tickets to the Braves game! Since I've never been to a professional football game (even pre-season), I hope to be able to go to the final pre-season game next Friday night. The seats are Section 206, Row 7, seats 7 and 8. We don't want to go to sporting events on Sunday, and since all the games are on Sundays, my next goal in life is to sell the tickets in one lump, as quickly as possible. I'll need the cash to pay Uncle Sam his share.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Too bad they weren't Thrasher tickets.