Friday, August 8, 2008

Desk Duty

I forget whether a cluttered desk is supposed to be a sign of genius or of insanity. I know that I qualify for one, perhaps both. Your choice. At any rate, it's not all my fault. I spent most of the day cleaning house, but I didn't get to my desk. So just about the time I sit down to start dealing with the clutter, James flips to the History Channel which is airing a show about chocolate. Now I have to go get a bowl of ice cream to add to the jumble. The other disclaimer is that it's not all my own junk, though I do claim the glass of iced tea and the smiling stuffed kitty. I've got most or all of my in-laws' paperwork, too. My mother-in-law gave me another stuffed-full 10 x 12 envelope of papers this week. At least some of this is headed for the trash. Look closely, and you'll see why.

GOODY: I won a pretty significant prize by calling in at the right time with the right answer to a local radio station today. I'll give all the details after I pick up the prize next Friday.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I heard you on the radio!! It was the funniest thing to turn it on and hear you! Congrats! :)

Joan said...

Thanks. I'd rather win $1,000 that THE OTHER station is giving away. :o)

Unknown said...

Details!! :) What, what??