Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Free Tickets

We went to the Braves game last night. I enjoy going anyway, but this was especially fun because the Braves won (11-5) and because we had better seats than I've ever had before. I thought I had already told this story to my faithful blog readers (both of you) but apparently not. I'll try to make a long story (almost four months) short. (That's hard for me; I'm good at making a long story longer.) In late April, in my capacity as Office Manager at American Vision, I signed a contract for a new shipping system. The salesman thought that it would be installed in 2-3 weeks. It wasn't. After going back and forth for several weeks, I finally called the president of the shipping company. A part of his apology was four Braves tickets. They said Row 7, but this is actually the second row behind, and about halfway along, the Visitors' dugout. Sweet. We had to really pay attention, knowing that balls (or bats!) could come flying our direction. There were a number of pop-up foul balls around us, but one particularly vicious line drive hit a lady about six rows behind us. I wore my glove, but I doubt that I could have thrown it up in front of my face in time. Here are some pictures from the game.GRIPE: Oh no! Where did it go?
Yesterday I went out to get the mail. As I was coming in the front door, so did a little lizard. Now I don't really mind lizards. Outside. Where they belong. But I don't want them in my house. I immediately started yelling for James and Blinky. I figured which ever one got there first would take care of it. Blinky might have. James didn't. It had run behind the open door, and when we closed the door part way, it disappeared into a tiny crack between the hardwood floor and the weather stripping of the threshold. James went to get tools so he could remove the threshold and I stayed with my eyes glued to the spot. If there was a lizard loose in my house, I wanted to know it! Blinky, who did finally show up but never saw the critter, couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about so she left. James took the threshold off, but no lizard. We don't know where that crack in the floor leads. Could be the basement. Could be empty space under the front porch. Could be a little pocket of black nowhere. The best James could do was to stuff a rag into the crack. I sure hope my living room doesn't smell like dead lizard in a few weeks.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Just to put your fears to rest about smelly dead lizards, my cousin once kept a lizard in her bedroom for 5 years. She got it after it was dead and it sat on her bookshelf for five years completely dead. No smell though. :)