Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Totally Tuesday

Today was spent scraping wallpaper and then a follow-up visit to the eye doctor. I have a long-distance vision contact lens in my right eye and a short-distance vision one in the left. (This is what I had last time, about five or six years ago.) The brain is supposed to compensate for this oddity, but so far mine hasn't. I wasn't able to see very well at any distance and I didn't want to attempt anything detailed without my glasses or until my brain catches up, assuming I haven't consumed too many Diet Cokes for this to happen. Anyway, today the eye doctor changed the short-vision lens in my left eye, which made everything better.
Yesterday James measured the sewing room for me, I redrew it to scale, and added to-scale furnishings so I could see if everything I wanted would fit. It will. I have two six-foot tables that I will use for sewing, and the drafting table is a great height for cutting things out. It's several inches higher than a table or counter top. A plus is being able to move the treadmill out of the den. I originally wanted it there so that I could watch TV. However, in time I learned that there's not much of anything on TV that will hold my attention while I'm on the treadmill. But online games will. James donated an old laptop computer to the fitness cause, and it's bungee-corded to the book shelf of the treadmill. I walked for forty-five minutes last night, and that was after I played and tennis and Wii Fit earlier in the day. I may not lose any weight, but I hope to at least stay even with my chocolate habit.

3 comments:

Dave said...

So does that mean on average your eyes are 20-20?

Joan said...

You may be accustomed to numbers behaving in that manner, but unfortunately it doesn't work for my eyeballs.

Liz said...

Uh-oh. I don't have a treadmill to keep up with my chocolate habit. Putting on the wish list.....