Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Daunting Task

I'm helping my brother-in-law get the in-laws' house ready for the rental market. He's doing some repairs to the sheetrock, and I'm starting to remove wallpaper from one large, one medium, and one small room. I think b-i-l would have been happy to just leave the wallpaper, and I would have been happy if it had been intact enough to be painted over. It wasn't. I just don't think that this rose-colored (now yellowed) floral wallpaper is going to appeal to any potential renter. It was pretty in its day, but its day was twenty plus years ago! I worked for 2-1/2 hours and then was basically wiped out for the rest of the day. The small, brighter-yellow patch is the only place where the paper is totally gone. Just shoot me now, rather than the slow, painful death I will be putting myself through in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I just realized that all of your labels start with F. Fabulous.

Joan said...

It took a freakin' long time for someone to notice.