Sunday, January 11, 2009

Deal of the Day (from yesterday)

Many years ago, I purchased some everyday cloth napkins that were sort of a sage green and white check. They matched my dishes, and they got a lot of use. So much use, that the checks have pretty much faded away, and all that remains are multiple tea stains from upset glasses at the table. Today, I went back to Old Time Pottery to shop for more napkins. I don't go there very often (not even once a year) because it's not close by. They didn't have any green napkins that I liked, so I decided to go with this:
The match is not perfect, but it's good enough for me. When I chose the napkins, I couldn't find a price on them anywhere. I did see this sticker, though. I knew all the Christmas merchandise was majorly discounted, but these napkins weren't with the Christmas stuff, so I wasn't sure what the price would be. Do you want to venture a guess? I couldn't believe it when the price rang up at twenty-five cents. I bought twelve for $3.00.

No comments: