Thursday, January 22, 2009

There's Just One Problem

I got a new cell phone this week. So what is the problem, you ask? (Of course you're asking that. Otherwise, I'd be talking to myself.) The problem is that my tech support is in Tampa. I owned my previous cell phone for over five years. I could make and receive calls and sometimes add a telephone number. Sometimes. The End. What I want is for someone to figure out all the features and explain it to me. Better yet, set everything up according to my preferences, and then explain it to me. This telephone makes pictures, has Bluetooth capability, is a speaker phone, can surf the web, and can be a GPS device. Not that I will ever do all of that. I did make a picture of Blinky that I do not know how to retrieve. If I don't answer your call and find your voice mail, please forgive me. I'm going to have to read the book myself and see if I can figure out my new phone. I might as well start with this page.

2 comments:

Dave said...

You should have brought it over today so Caleb or Alexa could set everything up for you.

Kristina said...

I can understand that!