Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Been a Long Time

I haven't sung in a choir in seven or eight years, but tonight that will change. For a long time, I didn't sing because of problems with a TMJ disorder. Although I enjoyed singing and being part of a choir, it wasn't worth the physical pain it generated. However, I believe now that a big part of the problem was related to an imperfectly arranged desk environment at work. Before I retired, I changed the position of my computer monitor so that I was looking a little bit down instead of up, and that made a big difference. Now that I'm doing only minimal work at home (though I do spend a good bit of time at my computer), I rarely have the headaches that used to plague me almost daily. Also, at Midway PCA, we will soon occupy our new sanctuary with the choir in the back in the balcony and with a pipe organ, which I'm sure I will love. So, I'm looking forward to my first choir practice in a long, long time. I've just committed through May as a sort of trial run, so here goes. Bring on the music!

1 comment:

Angi said...

You go girl! I am glad you are singing again.