Saturday, January 17, 2009

If I Ran the World

If I ran the world, things would be a mess. But, if I were in charge of naming new subdivisions and streets, I would be queen. If you've ever driven in, through, or near Atlanta, you know that there are way too many variations of Peachtree Street. Here are some of my ideas.
  • Subdivision Gemstone would have streets named Diamond Drive, Emerald Avenue, Ruby Road, Sapphire Street, Jade Junction, Peridot Place, Amethyst Avenue, Topaz Trail, Opal Avenue, Coral Court, and Lapis Lane.
  • Subdivision Seaside would have streets named Oyster Avenue, Marlin Way, Snapper Street, Anemone Avenue, Perch Place, Salmon Street, Trout Trail, Carp Court, Poseidon Point, Lobster Lane, Barracuda Way, and Jellyfish Junction.
  • Subdivision Creativity would have streets named Quilting Court, Watercolor Way, Sewing Circle, Knitting Avenue, Needlepoint Place, Tatting Trail, Sculpting Street, Photography Place, and Woodworking Way.
  • Subdivision Celestial would have streets named Jupiter Junction, Andromeda Avenue, Milky Way, Saturn Street, Neptune Court (which could also be found in Seaside), Asteroid Avenue, Telescope Trail, Eclipse Drive, and Polaris Place.
Now you know what my brain does when I can't sleep at night.

No comments: