Saturday, November 8, 2008

Yummy, Home-cooked Food (for a change)

Emily frequently lists menu plans and talks (rambles) about yummy food she has prepared. Most of my yummy food is consumed at her house. And as I begin to tell about the yummy food I cooked tonight, it occurs to me that this meal originated at her house. A few weeks ago, she, her best friend, and I assembled several chicken entrees, and this is one of them. It's marinaded chicken to be skewered and put on the grill, but I have no idea what's in it, because I was assigned a totally separate dead chicken to dismember. Anyway, I skewered the chicken along with some fruit and veggies (I wished I'd had fresh pineapple instead of the canned I used). Here's what it looked like:
Then it went on the grill for about 6-7 minutes per side, and presto, it came out this way:
(Notice that in the interest of avoiding nasty, food-borne illness, the cooked food is not in the same dish that the raw food was in.)
I added Publix fruit salad (Last time I'm buying this 'til next spring. It looks pretty, but it wasn't so yummy.) and Italian bread with seasoned olive oil for dipping. Here's our colorful dinner:

1 comment:

EmilyV said...

If I remember right, the marinade has orange/pineapple/something or other frozen juice concentrate, vinegar, and some spices. Very specific, huh? Looks yummy.