Thursday, November 6, 2008

Falcons Tickets Grand Total

The Falcons tickets I won as a radio call-in prize are now completely gone, and I have all the funds in hand or in my Paypal account. The regular season ends on December 28, so I'm thankful that the tickets are gone in early November, and I won't have to think about or deal with the sales during the upcoming holidays.

Here's the final accounting: The face value of the tickets was $1,360. I sold them for a total of $883, or 65% of the face value. I was aiming for $1,000, but I'm happy with what I got. After an estimate of the share that Uncle Sam will claim at tax time (I had to give the radio station my tax information in exchange for the "free" tickets), I figure I'm around $103.92 to the good. Or somewhere thereabouts.

No comments: