Monday, November 17, 2008

Saving IN Retirement

I may have saved all I'm going to for a while for retirement, so now I have to concentrate on saving in retirement. I saved 90% at CVS, paying $4.61 for this:
Of course, take into consideration that without sales, coupons, and Extra Bucks, I wouldn't have bought anything except maybe the batteries ($15 in EB when you spend $20). The air fresheners were free and the L'oreal skin stuff was free. If only I knew someone with "Mature, dull skin" to give it to. Hmm...
My savings, alas, at Kroger, amounted to just 27%. I had to buy some stuff that wasn't on sale. A capital crime, for sure, if you ask Coupon Queen.

Here's my Publix receipt -- all 3.5 feet of it! A full foot is listing the coupons that helped me reach over 65% in savings.
The cashier didn't want to use all my soup coupons, but I finally persuaded her that I really did buy 18 cans of soup. I never took soup for lunch at work because it was too much of a pain to heat it up, but I'll eat a lot of it this winter at home.

In the future, I may have to do Kroger and Publix on separate days, although the stores are located virtually next door to one another. By the time I went to two CVS stores, two banks, two grocery stores, and then home to unload it all, I was worn out! I was able to play only three matches of Wii tennis with Phillip.

2 comments:

EmilyV said...

Good job! It sounds like you enjoyed your first day off. My CVS did not have the Glade.

Angi said...

Don't look at me for the mature dull skin and don't even think of suggesting it to my brother!