Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Final Finale, Really

I think this post really is the last* about my retirement. One of the things in my former office I needed to photograph before I left was the Quote Board. It started soon after I came to American Vision. I was attempting to install a printer cartridge for someone. It was the kind of cartridge that fits atop a cartridge carrier, for lack of a more technical term. When I was trying to explain how it all fit together, I said (of the toner cartridge), "It rides piggyback on the doodad." AV's president, Gary DeMar, liked the sound of that phrase and thought it would make a good book title: Riding Piggyback on the Doodad. (So far as I know, my title has not been used.) He wrote it on a nearby white board, and the Quote Board was born. When we expanded our office space, I got a 4' x 8' white board, and the far end of it became the permanent spot to record profound statements from within our ranks. Here's (mostly) what it looked like, and then some close-ups for easier reading. Finally, my favorite, uttered in a discussion about various shapes of pasta, and whether or not they were really all the same:Here's a sign that was created in the warehouse for reasons I can't recall now, and it eventually found its way into my office.Last thing before I went out the door, I left it on my boss's desk.* "Last Post" - subject to change without notice

No comments: