Monday, July 7, 2008

Post as Promised: Doggie Duty

I don't know why I felt the need to create a post, because this topic isn't even very interesting, much less reaching a thrill level of anything close to exciting. I'm feeding my no-longer-
anonymous-friend Angi's dog while her family is on vacation. If you must have details, Gretchen the dog is a medium-to-large sized, long-haired mutt of indistinct parentage. She is about 14 years old in dog years, which makes her about 98 years old in human years. I was left the telephone number of the vet, along with the instructions, "Don't be in a big hurry to call." If it's time for Gretchen to start burying her bones in that great backyard in the sky, I think my friends are OK with that. Here are some scenarios that could make for an exciting post, but I'm sure that neither Angi nor I would want some of them to actually happen, and some are probably even impossible. I arrive to find that....
  • Gretchen has had a litter of puppies.
  • Gretchen is gone and has been replaced by a toy poodle.
  • Gretchen has left a note saying that she's decided to run off and join the circus.
  • Gretchen has dug a big hole in the backyard and unearthed buried treasure.
  • Gretchen has gotten inside the house and is in the TV room watching Animal Planet.
  • Gretchen is stuck ten feet up a tree.
  • Gretchen tells me that she's sick of Alpo and would like to try some Mighty Dog instead.
Angi will have to dream up her own list of exciting events when she feeds my cat in a few weeks.

No comments: