Saturday, July 19, 2008

One Project Complete


A few weeks ago, I posted about three or four projects I have in the works. I had purchased several small pieces of fabric in bright, primary colors for a quilt. My idea was for my friend Angi's birthday, and she reads my blog, so I couldn't spill the beans until after her birthday (July 15). She has recently redecorated her TV room. The walls, flooring, and furniture upholstery are all neutral, and then she has framed and hung several racing posters.... the European kind, not the Nascar kind. (Think: Ferrari, not Ford.) The cars in the posters are all vivid colors, and the frames are black. I think the wall hanging I made in the Chinese Coins pattern will look great in her room.

2 comments:

Liz said...

That really does look fabulous.

Yeah, the Replacements Lmtd. really bummed me out. I can't believe my set is worth $900+ to them but only about $50 to me. :p They weren't even taking some of the pieces like the sugar bowl. Oh well. I put it on Craigslist and within 30 minutes someone wanted to know if it was still available so we shall see. I give it about a month on Craigslist (free listing) and then if it doesn't work I go to Ebay (cheap listing). :) So far though Craigslist has always come through.

Angi said...

The quilt is beautiful and it will look great in the room. As usual, you are awesome!