Tuesday, January 19, 2010

More Handmade Christmas Gifts

This round table topper is made from some retro-looking Christmas prints. I gave it at a white elephant gift exchange at my family's party, even though our usual assortment of white elephants is pure junk! There needs to be at least one or two desirable items in the mix. It is machine quilted in a stippled pattern.This is a table topper that I made for my step-mother's oval kitchen table. It could also be used as a dresser scarf. The individual squares are top-stitched to the white fabric 1/4 inch from the edges that are then frayed. Each square is free-motion quilted with small-to-large echoing daisy shapes. (Does that make sense?) Then I used a decorative stitch to quilt star burst sorts of lines to fill in the curved, white part.
One of these days (maybe) I'll remember to make pictures of the backs, and to record the exact dimensions of each piece. Until then, you'll just have to wonder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was happy to get the table topper from the white elephant!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.