Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mended and Recycled

I made these lion overalls from yellow baby cord for Emily in 1982, a few months before she turned two. It is one of the few outfits I saved, along with the matching stuffed lion. Here's Emily wearing them.
A few weeks ago, I gave the overalls and the toy to Emily to see if Alexa could wear the outfit, and here she is. The overalls have elastic in the back waist, and after 25+ years it was shot. You can't tell in this picture of Alexa, but the back waist is totally ungathered and gaping open. Before Christmas, I took the overalls home, and today I unburied them from my sewing room and replaced the elastic. I also added another buttonhole to the straps in order to gain a bit more length. Maybe Jordanna can wear this outfit too, in a couple of years. I'm glad I saved the outfit, but I wish I had kept the pattern, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I remember those!