Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Handmade by...

Going back to more Christmas pictures on my camera, here is a towel given to me by Grandmother, at least 10 years ago, and probably way longer than that, since she died nearly six years ago. (Please excuse and/or ignore the fingerprints on my oven door.) I don't actually use this towel; it just hangs there for sentimental reasons, because my Grandmother, who was an avid crocheter, made it. I've never been overly fond of it, except sentimentally. As always, I took it down to wash in late December before packing it away with the Christmas decorations. Here's the label I discovered, for the first time. Now I knew that this towel was handmade. What I don't know is who the heck Mildred Campbell is! Certainly not my Grandmother! Oh well. I'll still keep it since my Grandmother gave it to me. I'm fairly certain about that part of the towel's provenance anyway. (And I'm fairly certain that I need a manicure.)

No comments: