Friday, January 29, 2010

More Handmade by Me

Yesterday I made a bunch of Valentines cards. It was fun! I've found (after much trial and error) that a basting adhesive spray is just the thing to hold the heart to the fabric and then the fabric to the card while I stitch.This is about the only thing I did besides unload the dishwasher. Thursday is normally my housecleaning day (for reference, see the pictures of the plaque in this post), but I'm sick with either a bad cold or a sinus infection. Another day or two will confirm which. I didn't get much rest because a tree service was next door all day cutting trees with chain saws and grinding up branches... two of the noisiest suburban activities ever. This is what they left next to our driveway, which tells me they'll be back tomorrow for more of the same.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon!

EmilyV said...

Alexa and Caleb took their Valentines with them to Target tonight. Jordanna was unimpressed by hers.

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh I do LOVE your cards! Very nice with the fabric background too.