Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Handmade by Me

I've had this hockey fabric for years. My mother-in-law gave it to me, and I never was too sure what to do with it. It wasn't really what I wanted for a church dress. I thought it was flannel, but it's actually a heavy-weight, stretchy cotton knit. My son-in-law is Canadian and a hockey fan (I'll stick to baseball, thank-you-very-much) so I decided to make him some pajamas.Actually, I made these pajamas for Caleb. There's no telling if he'll like or wear them, since he's recently gotten rather picky about his clothes. I haven't done a lot of garment sewing in recent years, and I just about made a mess out of these. When I sewed the front to the back at the side seams, I discovered that I had messed up somehow when I cut them out.This might not look so bad in the small picture, but the back is actually cut about 3" longer than the front! Thankfully, the front is plenty long enough, so I just trimmed up the back to make them even. There are two or three additional things that didn't turn out quite right, but Caleb is four, so I doubt if he'll notice, and I'm not telling.

4 comments:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

They look very nice pj's! I bet he does wear them and his mum will probably have trouble getting them in the wash. Well done and don't be so hard on yourself. They look pretty perfect from here.

Dave said...

Can you make me some hockey pajamas?

Joan said...

Sorry Dave, but there isn't enough fabric left. Maybe some hockey boxers?

Joan said...

Sarah, putting several thousand miles and a computer monitor between the you and my projects will make them all look good! :)