Saturday, February 28, 2009

On Bailouts and Taxes

Bailing a sinking boat is good,
But let’s not be playing Robin Hood.
I want to keep all that I earn,
Not give it to some fool to burn.

The Bible says, “Don’t work: don’t eat,”
But they give handouts to deadbeats.
So let me keep assets I’ve arranged;
You keep your bailouts, tax, and “change.”

Editorial note: I do realize that some folks are undergoing financial hardship for reasons outside their control; others are victims of their own folly. This post is not directed toward the former group. It is directed toward law-makers (and those who elected them) who would steal from me (taxes) in order to fund bailouts and entitlement programs. For more on this topic, read this insightful article: http://www.americanvision.org/article/obama-and-the-future-economy/

No comments: