Friday, February 20, 2009

Almost as Good as Chocolate

I love fabric, and it's not fattening. Of course, a "piece" costs a little more, but hey, there have to be trade-offs in life. With the sewing room finished, I've been able to pull out my stash of fabrics and touch each one. Literally. The last two nights I've been cutting off all the cool selvages, especially all the ones with the multi-colored, numbered circles. I got a basket full, and I still have a few more to cut, but they're attached to fabrics that I haven't pre-shrunk yet, so I need to do that first. (Notice a theme to my recent fabric purchases?) I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with them yet, but there are lots of ideas here and here. If you sew or quilt and don't want your selvages, I'll be happy to take them off your hands. The total width needs to be 1.5" (you lose a little bit of fabric) and they can be any length from about 3" and up. I would even give you some chocolate in exchange.

3 comments:

Dave said...

You should probably make selvage CD cases for your Wii games.

Molly said...

I'm sure I have some. I'll pass them your way if I can find any.

Elena said...

I'm so glad you found Karen Griska's Selvage Blog--she keeps all of us "selvage lovers" in "stitches" with all of her selvage ideas. They really are alot of fun to work with!

www.carolinasquirrell.etsy.com
www.quiltsbyelena.com