Thursday, February 19, 2009

It Bears Repeating

A few months back, I acknowledged Emily as being Coupon Queen, but I crowned myself Queen of Clearance Racks. Here are some bargains I've found in the last several days.

This is a dress for Alexa for next Christmas. The photo makes it look hot pink, but it really is a pretty shade of red. The picture of the price tag is a better representation of the actual color.

This is a pair of Nike athletic pants for Caleb. Is there anyone out there who would have paid the full retail price? I sure wouldn't.
If you think the retail price of the pants was too high, take a look at the original tag on this fleece jacket for Alexa. For that price, it ought to be lined with gold.Finally, here's a pair of socks I got for Caleb. They weren't a bargain compared to the other things, but they were just too cute to pass up.
Even though the manufacturers' suggested retail prices are a joke, the total for these four items is $118. I paid $11 for a savings of 91%. Pretty good, if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I want a pair of socks like that!

Joan said...

If I found a pair in your size, you wouldn't wear them!

EmilyV said...

Caleb loved wearing the socks to bed tonight. Thanks!