Monday, February 23, 2009

The Big Five

I hit the big five for today's shopping: Kroger, Publix, Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid. it was a so-so grocery day. I saved 50% at one store and 52% at the other. I should have done better, but I apparently left my brain at home because there were some coupons I should have used but didn't. One of my best deals was for these cans of chicken at Rite Aid. I paid 24 cents each for them. The frozen skillet meals are generally heavy on pasta and light on meat (to be expected), so I like to supplement a bit.

At CVS, Valentine's candy was marked 75% off, so I "had to have" this baseball box. Once I opened the box and discovered that the packaging comprised about 70% of the interior and the candy only 30%, I would have been majorly unhappy if I'd paid any more than I did. And there was a piece missing! (Oh wait -- never mind -- I remember the ride home from the store now.)

No comments: