Saturday, October 4, 2008

What to Blog About

What do you say when you have nothing to say? Since I have nothing of interest to blog about, I decided I'd learn five new words that start with B (and use each one in a sentence).

  • BONTON n A fashionable manner or style. A bonton is not a Burmese wonton.
  • BIVOUAC n Temporary encampment under little or no shelter. You will never find me in a bivouac.
  • BARBET n Any of a family of tropical birds with a stout bill bearing bristles. Wilma Flintstone probably used a barbet for a bottle brush.
  • BLESBOK n An African antelope having a large white patch down the center of the face. The Bible is a blessed book but not a blesbok.
  • BREGMA n The front part of the head; the point of junction of the coronal and sagittal sutures of the skull. Maybe if someone bonked me in the bregma I could come up with better blog topics.

P.S. Blogger's spell-checker didn't know any of these words except bivouac.

No comments: