Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tasked

Just before quitting time today, my boss gave me an assignment: Write a job description for myself so that he can post the job opening. I could say, "Office Manger - Bookkeeper." The End. But here are some other things that I do on a regular basis.
  • Make sure the community plastic ice cream pail is stocked with an assortment of Dove chocolates.
  • Run the carpet sweeper in my office and my boss's office, especially after his children have been in the office.
  • Keep endless supply of paper towels handy for when boss slops his coffee everywhere.
  • Fix, or at least attempt to fix, anything and everything including toilets, printers, postage machines, computers, and telephones.
  • Sanitize the water cooler.
  • Provide feedback for online store issues, new cover designs, marketing materials, proposed book titles, and fundraising letters.
And last, but not least, strive to demonstrate Christlikeness and a calm spirit for those times (often) when the customer service waters are turbulent. On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You forgot:

Creating signage for kitchen for grown adults, with wording like "Do not take a few ice cubes out of the tray. Dump out the entire tray and then refill it with water." :-D