Monday, September 15, 2008

Motivated to Save... And Write about Saving

I got up early this morning, shopped at CVS and Publix, and still made it to work at 7:55 a.m. Then I went to Publix again on my way home from work. I saved 66% at CVS, 68% on my first Publix stop, and 56% on the second Publix stop. I have boat loads of Lipton tea now, but that's my primary beverage, so all is well.

Today I learned that my boss wants to use one of my blog posts as next month's fund-raising letter. Since American Vision is not-for-profit, we depend on donations to supplement income from book sales. Back in July, I wrote about the growth of the company in the four years I've been there. An edited version of that post, along with an opening and closing paragraph that I wrote today will hit about 35,000 mailboxes in late October. I'm honored. Maybe next month they'll let me drive the fork lift.

No comments: