Monday, September 1, 2008

Mellow Monday

Today was one of those rare days when there's not much to do and all day to do it in. I went to CVS this morning and got these three items. The lipsticks were both free, and I paid $0.49 for the Dawn. I had heard rumblings that many CVS stores are no longer giving out the monthly sales circulars, and sure 'nuff, the new one wouldn't give me one -- they would only let me look at it in the store. Another CVS store let me have it, though. At the second store, I found a two-pack of propane in the 75% off summer stuff. I also went to Publix and saved 49.76%. The savings would have been over 50% if I hadn't bought bananas that weren't on sale at all. I did a bit of sewing, watched the Braves lose (again), and grilled some hamburgers and hot dogs.

Since it is Maniac Monday, I should comment on one or two things that drive me crazy: Wanting to buy 1/2 gallon of skim milk that lasts me for a week, but finding that all the "sell by" dates are only 3-4 days away; not being able to sell my radio prize of Falcons season tickets.

No comments: