Monday, December 1, 2008

Saving as Best I Can

Monday has settled itself as my shopping day. The rest of my retirement week is still fluctuating. Today I went to BJs, Kroger, and Publix. My BJs membership expired in November, and I'm probably not going to renew it. I used to buy gas there fairly often because it was on my home from work, and I bought more groceries there before I began couponing. Now, I'm not sure the membership fee is worth it. However, I knew from past experience that I could slide into December and still make purchases. So, I went today and stocked up on the giant bags of Splenda and a few other things. I suppose I saved something. At Kroger, my savings was only 38%. Everything I bought was on sale, but very few items had coupons. At Publix, I saved 60%. If you look at my receipt, it actually calculates to 42%, but I had to buy one thing (for my husband) that, even though I had a coupon, warped my statistics.I love you 18% (and more), dear.

Phillip and I will leave around 9 a.m. tomorrow for Tampa where he has a job test and interview on Wednesday morning. I don't really expect him to get the very first job that he goes after, but it sure would be nice!

No comments: