Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Savings

It was a good morning shopping at Kroger, Publix, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. I saved 51% at Kroger and 60% at Publix! My best Kroger deal was buying four one-pound rolls (tubes?) of Jimmy Dean sausage and getting two dozen eggs for free. Since I had coupons for the sausage, AND a surprise $1 off my next purchase (of anything) at Kroger printed at the end, I spent $6 for four pounds of sausage and two dozen eggs. I usually go ahead and slice the sausage into patties, separate them with waxed paper, and freeze, since we never cook more than a few patties at a time.

Rite Aid paid me a penny apiece to take home these lifesavers.
Walgreens did even better, paying me $1.02 to take this stuff home.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Irony = the fact that I was sucking on a Lifesaver peppermint when I read your blog post. :)

Joan said...

Did you make money on yours, too?