Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Week in Review -- Lots of Sewing

Now that I've finally gotten everything caught up with my part-time at-home bookkeeping, I've had a little more time to call my own. First up, a denim purse for me! This was made with thrift store jeans and a remnant of fabric.A couple of postcards were made.Finally, I chose fabric for the binding fabric for Jordanna's baby quilt. This is the first time I've made my own bias binding. I've either used pre-packaged (screams amateur!) or else I've folded the backing fabric to the front to bind the raw edges. I found and printed a tutorial online so that I could make the binding in one continuous piece. It wasn't that hard to do, and here it is.By now, I'm sure Emily is suspicious of all the glimpses of bright colors I've shown here. If I tell her that I'm having flashbacks to her pre-teen years, she'll understand completely.

Friday was spent largely doing tech support for my mom. Her ISP replaced her modem, and then she couldn't get her laptop to connect through the wireless router. I fixed that problem and installed AIM so that she could rejoin our weekly Buddy Chat (mom, three sisters, and me). She hasn't been able to since she canceled AOL. I was also able to export her AOL contacts and import them into Microsoft Mail so that she won't have to go online to AOL to retrieve one every time she wants to send a new email. The other thing I did was put everything in writing, since she can't remember anything for more than five minutes. (Hi, Mom! Remember me?)

Follow-up: We watched the 10th Anniversary show for Good Eats last Saturday night, and we were disappointed. It was so much better in person (not to mention twice as long). Some of the funniest things that happened or were said didn't make the final cut. They should have asked our opinion, in our opinion.

No comments: