Saturday, October 3, 2009

Quilt Show Update

I made a couple of purchases from the vendors at the quilt show a couple of weeks ago. Since my new sewing machine sits on a small, custom table, I'm short of surface space. This ingenious invention is clipped to the table next to me: combination cup holder and trash basket!The cup holder is perfectly designed with a small opening on one side, so mugs with handles can fit. And I don't have to worry about Blinky knocking it over. The "snippet" basket is perfect, too.

In addition, I bought a pair of gloves. These gloves have a stretchy fit, and the palms and fingers are "rubberized" with some sort of non-slip coating. I can hold my ruler in place a lot better while using the rotary cutter. And although they're not technically "klutz gloves" they do provide some protection against a sharp, out-of-control blade.

No comments: