Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sewing Update

I finally got around to cutting out the jacket that I told you about a few weeks ago. It's nice to have a long dining room table. I figured I'd better hop to it before summer is over because if this project gets put away for winter, it could never see the light of day again.The selvage edge is actually sewn. It's hard to tell from this photo, but there's a tiny stitch running through the scalloped edge. (It also is not a good color representation -- the bottom photo is truer to the actual color.) I used my "muslin" to determine the length of the short sleeve I wanted, and then took the sample jacket apart and used the "muslin" for my pattern. I decided to use this scalloped edge for the finished hem of the sleeve. Since I prewashed and dried the fabric, I'm pretty sure that it won't ever come unraveled, and I think it will add a nice touch. (And save me one step -- hemming the sleeves!)

No comments: