Saturday, June 20, 2009

Heart Sewn


Until fairly recently, I had never heard of Etsy. It's similar to Ebay, but it's only for handmade crafts, vintage items, and craft supplies. I have been making and giving away baby bibs for years, and everyone always remarks, "You should sell these." So now I am. You can find my Etsy store here, or at HeartSewn.etsy.com. I have about 50 bibs made up, but I'm listing a few every other day or so because the default sort for searches is "Most Recently Listed." I may also list some of the fabric postcards I've been making.

Thanks and kudos go to my young friend, Liz, who created my Etsy shop banner from these pictures I sent her. This is a hand-painted recipe box that was given to me as a wedding gift by my (then) pastor's wife almost 35 years ago! It's stuffed full of 3x5 recipe cards that are just about as stained and worn as the box!

2 comments:

Angi said...

Great! It should be a great idea.

Liz said...

I'm glad you're "up" on Etsy. But I can't take credit, it was Joe who made the banner work after I got stumped.... Glad you like it. Still waiting on him to see if there's a higher res image of it for your cards....