Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kaleidoscopes Squares

Kaleidoscope Squares were next on my list of Intrigued-Gotta-Try-This. First, I started with a fabric with a large-scale print. This fabric is left from a pair of pajamas I made for Phillip when he was a teenager. I think he's still wearing the pants!I cut four identical six-inch squares.Then the squares are cut into triangles. Then, four of the identical triangles are put back together to make four different squares. See if you can make heads or tails out of this:
Yikes! Who knew that this one would form a swastika? I think that it will mostly disappear when the seams are sewn.This one is pretty while laid out, but unfortunately the orange center is going to disappear into the seam.Here's Blinky watching while I chain stitch the pieces. Looks like a length of pennants.Here's what I did with the finished squares -- more postcards.

No comments: