Sunday, March 29, 2009

Thought for the Day

I had a thought last week, and since that so rarely happens, I felt the need to share it here.

I've been staff, and I've managed staff, not to mention having spent my whole life living among people. (Go figure.) Anyway, I was thinking about the inevitable personality conflicts that arise in any group of people (work, school, church) and how I like to believe that I am capable of getting along with just about anyone. I may not like them, nor choose to be bosom buddies (BFF, for you texting types), but I think I can manage to avoid the clashes and sometimes out-and-out wars that can erupt when people are vastly different. My first thought was that maybe it's because of the maturity that comes just by virtue of living enough years. As that thought meandered further, I mused that maturity helps a person overlook the faults of others. Then came the thought that shot right to the heart of the matter: Maybe I can overlook the faults of others because I've lived long enough to find so many faults in myself.

A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense. Proverbs 19:11

No comments: