Sunday, March 15, 2009

No New News

I thought I might use Sunday's post for updating family news, but there isn't much. Emily & Dave bought a new van yesterday, which you already know if you read her blog. Phillip will have a change in shift assignment tomorrow, and he has no idea what it might be. Shifts change every six months, unless you're a trainee, and then it's about every six weeks. He may get stuck with late nights or overnight hours, and almost certainly weekend work, too.

Every once in a while I like to go thrift-store shopping. Here's one of my recent purchases -- a never-worn shirt for $4. At work, James deals with Microsoft networks and Dell computers/servers, so he really likes this shirt.
He's given up the plastic pocket protector in favor of his mp3 player.

Although I'll need to go back in the next few weeks, I finished the major part of my contract Quickbooks work last week. This week I'll be back to scraping wallpaper at my in-laws' house. Oh, joy.

In the most unexpected news, Blinky made herself useful today. I was trying to listen to the Braves' spring training game on the radio, but there was a lot of static. It seemed that the only way I could make it go away was to hold my mp3 player/radio, but I needed both hands on the keyboard. So, I found another body to hold my radio.

4 comments:

Dave said...

I'm trying to figure out what a shirt, a cat, and an mp3 player all have in common...

Dave said...

They all have tails
- shirttail
- cattail
- tale (that you upload to your mp3)

Joan said...

You can turn it off, now. There's not supposed to be a connecting thread in this post!

JEJJ said...

I work for DS Waters
www.water.com