Monday, March 2, 2009

Sewing Selvages

While snowbound yesterday, I started making selvage blocks. I still have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but they're loads of fun to make. For me anyway. Here's the first one in progress.
As you can see, I put the rows of selvages on the diagonal. For the second block, I put them horizontal.After studying the blocks a bit, I decided that I didn't like the horizontal one, so I took it apart and reused the selvages elsewhere.

Here's some of the detail, but I promise (and have given evidence thereof) that I don't have any gardening secrets.I finished eight 4" blocks, and here's what they look like, laid out together and laid out apart.Don't you agree that these are really cool?!

1 comment:

Angi said...

I think they look great. I think I like them separated better, but they are both cool!